We believe in openness, professional excellence and the transcending power of nerd humor.
Upcoming action strategy game by Remedy and flaregames is ready for launch
Karlsruhe, Germany, 20/10/2014 | flaregames GmbH and Remedy Entertainment Ltd. today announced that Agents of Storm, their co-produced mobile title will be released to the Apple App Store on Thursday, October 23rd, 2014. Versions for Android and Windows Phone will follow in the coming months. Gamers will be delighted as the game can be downloaded for free, supported by the F2P business model, offering dozens of hours worth of engaging gameplay along with a gripping storyline. Agents of Storm has been localized into English, French, Spanish, German and Italian and will be available in Western Europe and the Americas, with more territories coming soon.
Agents of Storm is a stunning 3D action strategy game for smartphones and tablets. It tasks the player to parachute into paradise, build an island base and lead a team of agents to save the world against the evil Chimera Corporation. The fast paced strategy gameplay equips players with seaborne strike forces and airborne special moves to conquer enemy islands, in epic cinematic battles. The witty storyline will take the player on a roller-coaster journey of plot twists and cool characters.
“We set out to create one of the best 3D games available for mobile in terms of visual quality and technical achievement, and of course it had to feature some of Remedy’s signature special effects and cinematic cameras. It’s been ambitious and not without challenges, but we are really excited to finally get it out there into the hands of gamers. There are also big plans to keep the updates coming in: expect more supported languages, new content and new features.“, said Olli Tervo, Lead Programmer, Remedy.
flaregames has its HQ in Karlsruhe and we love the place. Here’s why:
1. It’s one of Germany’s most sunny cities, has mild winters with little snow and warm summers.
2. It’s almost on the French border, just a 15 minute drive from the next supermarché. Paris is 2 hours and 30 minutes by train; beautiful Strasbourg is less than an hour’s drive away. If you want to travel elsewhere, an hour train ride will take you to Frankfurt International, Germany’s biggest airport.
3. People are friendly, polite, helpful and generally much more relaxed than their southern neighbors in Stuttgart. While their form of German is sometimes hard to understand, most speak English well.
4. In Karlsruhe, you don’t need a car. It has the highest density of car sharing stations among all German cities and the public transport system is great. Also, you can easily get by with a bike on more than 100 Km of marked bike lanes. (If you’re into cars, well, there’s always the Autobahn…)
5. It’s an IT hotspot. The local “Cyberforum” (an organizational trade body for IT companies) boasts more than a thousand member companies. An EU study ranked Karlsruhe No 4 of all European IT regions (after Munich, London and Paris). Karlsruhe is essentially a city of gamers, it even has a Retro Gaming Museum. And a 3D printer store right in the city center.
6. Food connaisseurs have plenty to discover in and around Karlsruhe. It’s a wine country, origin region of the famous White Riesling. There are 16 Michelin Star restaurants in the region, and Baiersbronn, a nearby village, even boasts two 3-star restaurants, which is as many as London.
7. It’s a rich city, with the lowest debt per household in all of Germany. Everything is neat and well-ordered and there are plenty of jobs.
8. The city is family friendly and has been recognized as a “Kinderstadt” (children’s city) by UNICEF in 2010. In every quarter you’ll find playgrounds, Kindergardens and shops catering to family needs.
9. Have you heard of the Black Forest? The Schwarzwald is a giant wooded mountain range that stretches from Karlsruhe to Freiburg, along the river Rhine. It’s a great place for skiing, climbing, biking, hiking, or just simply relaxing with a beer at a lake, while enjoying the sunset.
10. Do you like outdoor sports? Karlsruhe is Germany’s best city for jogging (Runner’s World magazine said so in 2010) as more than 60 percent of the city grounds are greenery or parks. A real forest, the Hardtwald, can be reached just a few minutes’ walk from the the city center. The stadiums of a number of Bundesliga football (soccer) clubs can be reached within an hour’s drive: Karlsruhe’s own KSC (currently in 2nd division), 1899 Hoffenheim, VfB Stuttgart, SC Freiburg, 1. FC Kaiserslautern and others. Sports clubs for everyone make it easy to do any sport you like, from basketball to horseback riding, to aikido. You can even join a square dance club.
And here’s some impressions:
A smoke and a coke and a chat on the roof terrace.
(If you find that an attractive environment, here’s a hint: we’re hiring! See http://www.flaregames.com/jobs/)
German mobile publisher and developer flaregames GmbH signs co-development and publishing partnership with AAA studio, Remedy Entertainment Ltd.
Karlsruhe, Germany, 26/9/2014 | German company flaregames GmbH, a leading international developer and publisher of F2P mobile games, today announced that the company has entered a publishing and co-development agreement with the acclaimed development studio Remedy Entertainment Ltd. (Espoo, Finland). Remedy is a veteran studio best known for their AAA PC and console franchises like Max Payne and Alan Wake. Remedy have also enjoyed success on iOS and Android with their Death Rally Franchise, a brutal racing game that achieved over 16 million downloads and reached no. 1 in 84 countries. Agents of Storm, co-developed and published with flaregames, will be their first mobile game supported by the F2P business model.
Agents of Storm is a stunning 3D action strategy game for smartphones and tablets. It tasks the player to parachute into paradise, build an island base and lead a team of agents to save the world against the evil Chimera Corporation. The fast paced strategy gameplay equips players with seaborne strike forces and airborne special moves to conquer enemy islands, in epic cinematic battles. The witty storyline will take the player on a roller-coaster journey of plot twists and cool characters. The game is set to launch first on iOS devices globally this Fall and will be free to download.
“This was the fastest deal ever: Matias and I met over a beer in a London pub, talked shop and agreed the terms right there. We both love and understand games – that makes for a great common ground. Also, I have played Remedy’s games since Death Rally in 1996 and love their work. Agents of Storm shows great potential, we’re glad to work with Remedy on its global launch this Fall“, said Klaas Kersting, CEO and founder of flaregames.
Matias Myllyrinne, CEO of Remedy, added: “Buying Klaas a beer was three pounds well spent. Turns out that flaregames is the perfect partner to help us excel with our newest mobile venture, Agents of Storm. For us, first and foremost, a good partnership is about mutual respect and understanding. flaregames bring so much more to the table with a seasoned team of professionals with a track record of scaling mobile games.”
This new agreement is part of a larger initiative by flaregames to build an impressive publishing portfolio of high quality mobile games. Recently the company announced that it had signed a similar agreement with Subatomic Studios, Superweapon and Fuzzycube, all US developers with high profile mobile games in the making.
Kings and Queens! The biggest update in the history of Royal Revolt 2 has arrived on all platforms. Explore the dungeon beneath your castle, gather riches and recruit mighty new monsters into your army!
Get the update here:
Windows Phone: bit.ly/1qF9m42
Windows PC: bit.ly/1vdmMnu
Have fun playing and exploring!