Brand Manager / Senior Brand Manager
We are looking for Brand Managers & Senior Brand Managers to grow our brands to another level. In this role, as a member of the marketing organization, you will be work on two games (usually one live and one in development). You will be a key member of the game team (i.e. the multi-function team managing the game P&L on a daily basis) and will be in charge of brand development (creating a brand alongside a product) and brand management (managing & growing the brand when the game is live). You will work with the other components of the marketing team to drive user acquisition and re-engage users. You will also work with the external studio to prioritize the backlog depending on your marketing requirements. You will build campaigns to drive awareness. Last but not least, you will shape the future of the brand.
You will join the marketing department (matrix organization) and will interact on a daily basis with producers, product managers, and marketing specialists (User Acquisition, User Engagement, Creative, Business Development). You will also work very closely with the studio, with some onsite travel.
This is a permanent role based in Karlsruhe, Germany, reporting to the Head of Brand Management.
Areas of responsibility
- Take full responsibility and ownership for two brands, one live and one in development
- Build brands alongside products and grow those brands when product is live. Initiate campaigns and drive their execution.
- Be the voice of marketing in the game team
Your skills and experience
- You have 3 to 10 years of experience in brand management and in videogames. Ideally you had a similar role in a publishing organization or a studio.
- You understand free-to-play and mobile gaming. You think funnel, engagement, retention, and you take decisions based on data.
- You also know how to manage creatives. You dealt with banners, trailers or commercials production in the past
- You understand game development. You understand the different phases in game production and you are able to discuss with a producer, designer or developer.
- You have experience with qualitative/quantitative researches and panels. You know how to formulate assumptions and validate/invalidate them through date.
- You think “campaign”: you imagine campaigns, plan them and execute them with relevant internal stakeholders. You make sure there is always something happening around your brand.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, as far as the company works in English only.
- You feel ownership and you like challenge. You are confident to represent your brand in front of the Leadership Team.
- You roll your sleeves and you make things happen.
- Bonus Point #1: You know what big is! You worked on brands/campaigns that generated $50m+ and/or engaged with 50m+ users.
- Bonus Point #2: You have an international background and you understand how players engage with a game in other continents.
- Bonus Points #3: You have a degree in Marketing / Business / Communication / Media.
- A full-time, permanent position
- A challenging, results-achieving environment with a flat hierarchy
- An asshole-free workplace, populated by true team players
- Many ways to grow your personality, skills and area of competence
- A voice in our team: you will feel that your contribution to the quality of our games is decisive
- Coffee, juice, Club Mate and other hipster drinks to quench your thirst, and daily fresh fruit to keep you bright-eyed and bushy-tailed