Java Backend Developer
Our team serves as the service infrastructure provider for all of our games, played by millions of players worldwide. We are responsible for supporting our publishing services, game development studios and business intelligence department. Thus we develop and maintain a wide range of various web-based services and APIs.
Increasing business means increasing demands on what we call our Flaregames Publishing Platform – and that’s why we need you as a Java Backend Developer.
- …the design, implementation and documentation of new features, services and tools with testability and usability in mind.
- …communication with other teams and stakeholders for determining requirements and benefits.
- …being an active member of our Scrum team, showing great features in our reviews and providing constructive feedback in our retrospectives.
- …envisioning and developing ways to create better products for our internal and external customers.
- …helping us with driving our vision of a consistent, integrated publishing platform forward.
Required Skills and Experience
- “The Sage”: you are a Full Stack Developer with excellent Java experience.
- “The Machinist” – Build lifecycle and dependency management tools (e.g. Maven) are familiar to you.
- “The Pathfinder”: you can quickly find your way through 3rd party documentation/code.
- “The Discoverer”: you have the urge to learn something new everyday.
- Excellent proficiency in at least one Object Oriented programming language and their concepts, frameworks and application stacks.
- Good knowledge in other commonly used programming languages – or the ability to dive into them efficiently.
- Fluent with Test Driven Development.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- B.A. or higher degree in a relevant field.
We don’t care from what kind of company or industry you come as long as you have a high passion to work in a dynamic environment where you have high impact!
Our offer to you
- Highly experienced and committed team. We love our job, honestly.
- Open communication and flat hierarchy.
- Relaxed working atmosphere and therefore relaxed colleagues.
- No crunchtime madness. Seriously. We don’t think overtime is a cool thing to have.
- An asshole-free workplace, populated by true team players.
- Many ways to grow your personality, skills and area of competence.
- A voice in our team: you will feel that your contribution to the quality of our games is decisive.
- Free drinks? Check. Daily fresh fruits? You bet! Coffee like there is no tomorrow? D’uh!