Our team serves as the service infrastructure provider for all of our games, played by millions of players worldwide. We are responsible for supporting our publishing services, game development studios and business intelligence department. Thus we develop and maintain a wide range of various web-based services and APIs, written in different programming languages.
Increasing business means increasing demands on what we call our Flaregames Publishing Platform – and that’s why we need you as a Web Service Developer.
- You have fun and are fun
- You are capable of improvisation. Because even the best laid plans require it from time to time
- You possess intuition, that ingenious combination of knowledge and experience
- You are a co-entrepreneur, not just an employee
- You are brave. You go forward and push for what you believe even into an opposing wind.
- You are able to be calm and cool and question your own judgement
- You can provide inspiration, for both players and work colleagues
- You believe in the evolution of ideas. You enjoy refining the work of you and others
- You are pragmatic. From among a mass of things – large, numerous, important, significant or urgent – you see and follow the right one
- You have nerves of steel.
- …the design, implementation and documentation of new features, services and tools with testability and usability in mind.
- …communication with other teams and stakeholders for determining requirements and benefits.
- …being an active member of our Scrum team, showing great features in our reviews and providing constructive feedback in our retrospectives.
- …envisioning and developing ways to create better products for our internal and external customers.
- …helping us with driving our vision of a consistent, integrated publishing platform forward.
Required Skills & Experience
- “The Sage”: you are a Full Stack Web Backend Developer and need no explanation on what that actually incorporates.
- “The Juggler”: you have the ability to switch between different technologies without entangling your brain.
- “The Pathfinder”: you can quickly find your way through 3rd party documentation/code.
- “The Discoverer”: you have the urge to learn something new everyday.
- Excellent proficiency in at least one Object Oriented programming language and their concepts, frameworks and application stacks.
- Good knowledge in other commonly used programming languages – or the ability to dive into them efficiently.
- Fluent with Test Driven Development.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- B.A. or higher degree in a relevant field.
Our offer to you
- Highly experienced and committed team. We love our job, honestly.
- Open communication and flat hierarchy.
- Relaxed working atmosphere and therefore relaxed colleagues.
- No crunchtime madness. Seriously. We don’t think overtime is a cool thing to have.
- An asshole-free workplace, populated by true team players.
- Many ways to grow your personality, skills and area of competence.
- A voice in our team: you will feel that your contribution to the quality of our games is decisive.
- Free drinks? Check. Daily fresh fruits? You bet! Coffee like there is no tomorrow? D’uh!