- What personal data do we collect?
Personal data are information which contain details of your personal or material circumstances, such as your name, address, e-mail address and date of birth. We collect your personal data as follows:
- Personal data which you submit on registration for a User Account or when applying for a particular position at flaregames, such as your name, e-mail address, date of birth, telephone number, IP address, device ID, curriculum vitae, photograph, references and certificates or other information from which your identity is discernible.
- Information we collect from third party public sources, such as LinkedIn or Xing or other career networking services.
- Registration with a User Account
2.1 By registering with a User Account at flaregames and by releasing your profile, you explicitly confirm that you are interested in an employment at flaregames. You therefore voluntarily provide your personal data to be used for recruiting purposes, in particular for filing and matching your profile with any and all open positions at flaregames, including beyond those for which you specifically applied.
2.2 If there is a job opportunity at flaregames which matches your profile, flaregames may forward your data to the responsible flaregames managers in order to contact you for interviews. The personal data will be processed in the form of databases and will be collected in secured personal files.
2.3 You may view and update your account and/or request correction/amendment or deletion of your personal data at any time. Please either use the online possibilities to update your profile by accessing your User Account or alternatively refer to the following contact e-mail with your request: firstname.lastname@example.org
2.4 Please use only private e-mail addresses for requests and communication. flaregames will only send information to your private address.
- Application for a particular job opportunity without a User Account
3.1 You also have the possibility to apply solely for one defined job opportunity without getting up a User Account.
3.2 By applying for a specific job opportunity, you explicitly confirm that you are interested in an employment at flaregames for this particular position. You therefore voluntarily provide your personal data to be used for recruiting purposes, in particular for filing and matching your profile with the position at flaregames for which you specifically applied. You are responsible for ensuring that the personal data provided by you is correct and true.
3.3 You have the option of withdrawing your application at any time.
3.4 Please use only private addresses for requests. flaregames will only send information to your private address.
- How do we use your data?
Flaregames will use your personal data
- to manage your relationship with us and process your job application(s),
- to contact you (including by e-mail) about suitable job opportunities as they arise, if and in so far you have registered with a User Account.
- to assess your eligibility for the particular position you have applied for or, if and in so far you have registered with a User Account, for available positions at flaregames.
- to invite you to flaregames recruitment events (including by e-mail).
- Does Flaregames share your data?
5.1 We use reasonable safeguards to limit access to your personal data to those employees at flaregames seeking/considering a candidate for a position.
5.2 As part of the application process and for successful candidates during your employment, we may share your data as follows:
- With third parties that work with flaregames to organize and manage data on our behalf (“Service Providers”). In these circumstances your personal data will not be used by Service Providers for any other purpose and Service Providers will use reasonable security precautions.
- In circumstances where we are legally required to do so.
- In the event of a reorganization, divestiture, merger or sale, we may transfer all personal data we collect to the relevant third party and will obtain your consent to do so if required by law.
- Where will your personal data be stored and for how long?
- Security is a priority at flaregames and we take a range of measures to help protect personal data including encryption and access control. Even so, no security measure is 100% perfect. This means we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data and do not assume any responsibility for the unauthorized use or access to your personal data under our control.
- flaregames retains your personal data for as long as your User Account remains active; if you do not log into your profile within a period of two years, flaregames may send you an e-mail to ask you to update your profile. If you do not log into your profile by the given deadline, your profile including your personal data will be deleted.
- If you have applied for a particular job opportunity without registration of a User Account, your data will be deleted in accordance with the applicable laws once the application process ends or if you withdraw your application.
- On deletion of your personal data we may retain limited personal information to ensure that we do not contact you again in the future and where there is a legal requirement to do so.
- Google Analytics
Flaregames uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google, Inc. (hereinafter “Google“). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies,” i. e. text files that are installed in your terminal device and allow an analysis of your use of the Website. Generally, information generated by cookies about your use of this Website will be transferred to and stored in a server of Google in the United States. On this Website the code “gat_anonymizeIp()” was added to Google Analytics to guarantee anonymous collection of IP addresses. As a result, your IP address will be shortened within member countries of the European Union or other countries that are signatories of the Agreement on the European Economic Area before being transmitted to a server of Google in the United States. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a server of Google in the United States and then shortened there.
On behalf of Flaregames Google will use this information to analyse your use of the Website, in order to compile reports about Website activities, and to provide additional services related to Website use and Internet use to the Website operator. The IP address transmitted from your browser for purposes of Google Analytics will not be combined with any other data by Google. You can prevent the installation of cookies by selecting appropriate settings in your browser software; note, however, that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this Website to the full extent.
You can also prevent data related to your use of the Website and generated by the cookie (including your IP address) from being transferred to and processed by Google, by downloading and installing the following browser add-on available from the following link:
If you use a mobile terminal device, you can, in the alternative to installing the above browser add-on, prevent the collection of data by Google Analytics by clicking on the link below. An opt-out cookie will then be installed to prevent any future collection of your data when you visit this Website: Click here to opt-out of Google Analytics.
You can find additional information about Google Analytics here: http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy/partners/.
- Submitted Material
You may choose to submit digital materials demonstrating your skills and abilities for review by flaregames (“Material(s)”). Please note that Materials are not generally required. If submitted, we will use your Material only for evaluation purposes and will not distribute any copies of the Material to any third parties. We will return or destroy all copies of your Material upon completion of our review or upon your earlier request.
flaregames engages in a continuous program to develop new products and ideas internally and we also regularly receive other submissions for consideration. The products, ideas or concepts that flaregames develops internally or that others submit may be similar to your Material. As a result, we cannot agree to treat as confidential any Material you submit, even if it is marked as confidential or proprietary. Our acceptance or review of your Material does not imply that we will use, develop or market your Material. Our review of your Material does not prevent us from using, developing, or marketing technologies, ideas or products that may be similar in concept or idea to your Material.
- How you can contact us?
You may contact us at any time if you want your profile and related personal data to be corrected, blocked or deleted. Moreover, we will at any time disclose to you which data are stored, what the origin of the data is, who the recipient of the data is, and the purpose for which data are stored. If you have any questions concerning data protection, please contact us at:
Duisburger Str. 6
10707 Berlin, Germany
Our website offers you the option of subscribing to a newsletter. We will need your email address to send the newsletter to you. We must also comply with the statutory requirement to verify that you are in fact the owner of the email address provided and would like to receive the newsletter. We verify this by sending you a confirmation email. Our games newsletter will inform you about current and upcoming games and game features. Our recruitment newsletter offers information on our current vacancies. The legal basis for processing your data is your declaration of consent pursuant to Article 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR.
We only send our newsletters with your express consent. You may revoke your consent to the collection and storage of your data at any time without stating reasons. Please use the unsubscribe link at the end of each newsletter sent out by us or contact us to revoke your consent. Your data will be deleted after you have unsubscribed.
Last revised: 25 May 2018
Copyright: flaregames GmbH ‒ All rights reserved.