TL;DR: We’re not in the business of selling data or doing other evil things.
2. Responsible contact
Responsible contact pursuant to the Federal Data Protection Act is Flaregames GmbH, Erbprinzenstr. 27, 76133 Karlsruhe.
3. Collection of information
Generally, you can access our Internet offering without disclosing any personal information to us. It is always your choice whether or not to provide us with your personal information. We collect your information to be able to fulfill the user requirement. In addition to monitoring compliance with the terms and rules this includes in particular the proper handling of your payment arrangements. If you would like to register on our Internet sites, participate in sweepstakes or subscribe to our newsletter it is necessary to provide personal information. This information includes, for example, your name, address, e-mail address and other personal information which Flaregames may query in individual cases. In many cases it is possible to use Flaregames’ services by using pseudonyms. Users are encouraged to make use of this feature. In addition, individual information such as IP address, browser type and access time will automatically be transferred to us by your computer and stored on our server. Except for the purpose of prosecuting unauthorized use of our website, we evaluate such information only for statistical and performance-related purposes. Where possible, the information is anonymized. In order to make the visit to our Internet sites as user-friendly as possible, we use, like many other companies, so-called cookies. After your visit to our website, these cookies are usually automatically deleted from your hard drive. Your Internet browser can be set to reject cookies generally. This can lead, for technical reasons, to restricted functioning of our Internet offerings. We gather, process and use personal information – unless already permitted by statutes – only with your consent. If this consent is made in an electronic manner in the context of our online offerings, we shall fulfill the legal requirements to inform you about it.
4. Use of your personal information
We use your personal data in order to constantly improve our range of services and to satisfy the user’s needs. Flaregames uses your personal information for the establishment, processing and settlement of your user relationship with Flaregames and the processing of payments. Furthermore, we use your information in order to communicate with you. This includes that we, as the case may be, inform you about novelties of our services via e-mail. We use your personal information in order to inform you about products, services or certain events which could be of interest to you on a regular basis. You may also be sent e-mails in line with customer surveys.
You may receive e-mails from us from the following addresses:
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
You will be informed as part of this communication that you may cancel the subscription at any time. Finally, we use your information in order to protect our web pages and to trace any unauthorized access.
5. Transmission of personal information
As a matter of course, your data will not be sold to third parties. Flaregames exclusively transmits your personal data to the following extent:
We work together with payment providers (e.g. credit card companies, banks, PayPal, mobile services, debt collection agencies, etc.) providers that create and compile statistical data, IT service providers (e.g. data centers, hosts, backup services, database services).
6. Deletion of data
If your data is no longer necessary for the above-mentioned purposes including the settlement, for tax purposes or other legal reasons it will be deleted.
7. Security of your personal information
We process the information collected from you according to the German data protection law. All employees are obliged and have been advised to maintain data confidentiality and privacy obligations, and that received. When submitting payments the transfer of your information is protected by SSL encryption technology. Our SSL transfer is THAWTE certified.
What personal data do we collect?
Personal data are information which contain details of your personal or material circumstances, such as your name, address, e-mail address and date of birth. We collect your personal data as follows:
- Personal data which you submit on registration for a User Account or when applying for a particular position at Flaregames, such as your name, e-mail address, date of birth, telephone number, IP address, device ID, curriculum vitae, photograph, references and certificates or other information from which your identity is discernible.
- Information we collect from third party public sources, such as LinkedIn or Xing or other career networking services.
Registration with a User Account
2.1 By registering with a User Account at Flaregames and by releasing your profile, you explicitly confirm that you are interested in an employment at Flaregames. You therefore voluntarily provide your personal data to be used for recruiting purposes, in particular for filing and matching your profile with any and all open positions at Flaregames, including beyond those for which you specifically applied.
2.2 If there is a job opportunity at Flaregames which matches your profile, Flaregames may forward your data to the responsible Flaregames managers in order to contact you for interviews. The personal data will be processed in the form of databases and will be collected in secured personal files.
2.3 You may view and update your account and/or request correction/amendment or deletion of your personal data at any time. Please either use the online possibilities to update your profile by accessing your User Account or alternatively refer to the following contact e-mail with your request: firstname.lastname@example.org
2.4 Please use only private e-mail addresses for requests and communication. Flaregames will only send information to your private address.
Application for a particular job opportunity without a User Account
3.1 You also have the possibility to apply solely for one defined job opportunity without getting up a User Account.
3.2 By applying for a specific job opportunity, you explicitly confirm that you are interested in an employment at Flaregames for this particular position. You therefore voluntarily provide your personal data to be used for recruiting purposes, in particular for filing and matching your profile with the position at Flaregames for which you specifically applied. You are responsible for ensuring that the personal data provided by you is correct and true.
3.3 You have the option of withdrawing your application at any time.
3.4 Please use only private addresses for requests. Flaregames will only send information to your private address.
How do we use your data
Flaregames will use your personal data:
- to manage your relationship with us and process your job application(s),
- to contact you (including by e-mail) about suitable job opportunities as they arise, if and in so far you have registered with a User Account.
- to assess your eligibility for the particular position you have applied for or, if and in so far you have registered with a User Account, for available positions at Flaregames.
- to invite you to Flaregames recruitment events (including by e-mail).
Does Flaregames share your data?
5.1 We use reasonable safeguards to limit access to your personal data to those employees at Flaregames seeking/considering a candidate for a position
5.2 As part of the application process and for successful candidates during your employment, we may share your data as follows:
– With third parties that work with Flaregames to organize and manage data on our behalf (“Service Providers”). In these circumstances your personal data will not be used by Service Providers for any other purpose and Service Providers will use reasonable security precautions.
– In circumstances where we are legally required to do so.
– In the event of a reorganization, divestiture, merger or sale, we may transfer all personal data we collect to the relevant third party and will obtain your consent to do so if required by law.
Where will your personal data be stored and for how long?
- Security is a priority at Flaregames and we take a range of measures to help protect personal data including encryption and access control. Even so, no security measure is 100% perfect. This means we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data and do not assume any responsibility for the unauthorized use or access to your personal data under our control.
- Flaregames retains your personal data for as long as your User Account remains active; if you do not log into your profile within a period of two years, Flaregames may send you an e-mail to ask you to update your profile. If you do not log into your profile by the given deadline, your profile including your personal data will be deleted.
- If you have applied for a particular job opportunity without registration of a User Account, your data will be deleted in accordance with the applicable laws once the application process ends or if you withdraw your application.
- On deletion of your personal data we may retain limited personal information to ensure that we do not contact you again in the future and where there is a legal requirement to do so.
Flaregames uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google, Inc. (hereinafter “Google“). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies,” i. e. text files that are installed in your terminal device and allow an analysis of your use of the Website. Generally, information generated by cookies about your use of this Website will be transferred to and stored in a server of Google in the United States. On this Website the code “gat_anonymizeIp()” was added to Google Analytics to guarantee anonymous collection of IP addresses. As a result, your IP address will be shortened within member countries of the European Union or other countries that are signatories of the Agreement on the European Economic Area before being transmitted to a server of Google in the United States. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a server of Google in the United States and then shortened there.
On behalf of Flaregames Google will use this information to analyse your use of the Website, in order to compile reports about Website activities, and to provide additional services related to Website use and Internet use to the Website operator. The IP address transmitted from your browser for purposes of Google Analytics will not be combined with any other data by Google. You can prevent the installation of cookies by selecting appropriate settings in your browser software; note, however, that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this Website to the full extent.
You can also prevent data related to your use of the Website and generated by the cookie (including your IP address) from being transferred to and processed by Google, by downloading and installing the following browser add-on available from the following link:
If you use a mobile terminal device, you can, in the alternative to installing the above browser add-on, prevent the collection of data by Google Analytics by clicking on the link below. An opt-out cookie will then be installed to prevent any future collection of your data when you visit this Website:
You can find additional information about Google Analytics here: http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy/partners/.
You may choose to submit digital materials demonstrating your skills and abilities for review by Flaregames (“Material(s)”). Please note that Materials are not generally required. If submitted, we will use your Material only for evaluation purposes and will not distribute any copies of the Material to any third parties. We will return or destroy all copies of your Material upon completion of our review or upon your earlier request.
Flaregames engages in a continuous program to develop new products and ideas internally and we also regularly receive other submissions for consideration. The products, ideas or concepts that Flaregames develops internally or that others submit may be similar to your Material. As a result, we cannot agree to treat as confidential any Material you submit, even if it is marked as confidential or proprietary. Our acceptance or review of your Material does not imply that we will use, develop or market your Material. Our review of your Material does not prevent us from using, developing, or marketing technologies, ideas or products that may be similar in concept or idea to your Material.
How you can contact us?
You may contact us at any time if you want your profile and related personal data to be corrected, blocked or deleted. Moreover, we will at any time disclose to you which data are stored, what the origin of the data is, who the recipient of the data is, and the purpose for which data are stored. If you have any questions concerning data protection, please contact us at:
Erbprinzenstraße 27, 76133 Karlsruhe
Last revised: July 2017
Copyright: Flaregames GmbH ‒ All rights reserved.